Wednesday, March 30, 2011

To the hurting

Hey everyone,

We all hurt at one time or another. I know how it feels.
I wrote this to all those out there who are hurting and alone.
The best medicine is often times made of bone, skin, a little muscle and an absorbent cloth covering.
No talking, no resolving, just crying, just being held.
Because, although we know God is in control and things will work out, it hurts like hell right now.
We just have to let it out with someone who cares.

So here's to you.



Tears

Give me your tired, your broken-hearted.
Give me your lost and all alone.
Give me your hurting, throbbing, and aching
Give me your sorrows, your tears, and your moans.

Share all the pain way down deep that is robbing
your face of the joy it's been missing of late
For I have a shoulder fit just for sobbing
a shirt that will take all your wet tears away

I'll hold you awhile till your shoulders quit shaking
and heartache has left you spent to the bone
Stroking your hair and mildly whispering
Believe me, my love, you're never alone

I'll be there for you when your world comes crashing
down to the ground, your walls paper thin
I'll be there protecting, forever defending
your heart from travails of the wrath of the wind

The storm will be fearsome with clouds above thundering
and threatening to wash you away as debris
Yet shelter within, as my arms encircling
guard you safe in the rock I was crafted to be

I will protect you, guard you, and shelter
I will prevail in the face of the wind
I will ensure your safe survival
For I will be anchored, on the King my eyes pinned

No comments:

Post a Comment