Thursday, February 17, 2011

Don't read this...

Today I was trying not to expunge my grey matter with Kleenex when this idea hit me.

It's all about reverse psychology. 
I told you not to read this, and lo and behold, you did. (well, "are") 

Anyway, now that you've started, feel free to stop. 

My first thought was that reverse psychology works because of sin nature. 
We have the tendency to fight against rules.

But, is this a bad thing?

Yes and no. Yes, because some rules, like, "Don't eat that," are for our safety and wellbeing.
But on the other hand, rules like, "The human body cannot run a four minute mile" are only in existence to be broken. 

Thus we see that human nature is to test perceived limits. It has to do with creativity and imagination. It also has to do with searching for truth.

We're always asking, "why?" or, "how?" and I say, bring it on! Let the quest for truth begin. Find out the reasons for the rules.

Oh, and don't post a comment to discuss pointless rules you've heard.

-Peter

P.S. Some rules, like the aforementioned, "don't eat that" have somewhat obvious reasons, i.e. "it smells like dirty socks"

1 comment: