Monday, May 9, 2011

Waiting on the World to Change

      Here's the picture.

     I'm sitting at an intersection. The light is red. It's been red for quite some time now. My radio doesn't work, so I'm left alone with the clamor of my own hollow thoughts. It's probably close to 80 degrees outside. The AC doesn't work. Oh, and did I mention it's raining? Yup, windows up, I'm suffocating.

     I know I'm headed somewhere air-conditioned. It's only just around the corner. I only have to hold on for a few more minutes. If only this blasted light would change. God, why is it taking so long? Is it my fault, some sort of grand-scheme karma thing? This is ridiculous. Technically, I could just run it, there's no one in sight. Nope. That conscience thing. Gotta love it. Ugh.

     Waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment