Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Call from Thailand


A small boy sits alone on the street corner, head in his hands. Tear-streaked and bruised, little Khun hides behind fingers that are, “too delicate to be a man's hands.” His mother hates him, his father doesn't know him. An outcast, discarded and rejected, he collapses within himself, one small, cracking soul among countless millions. The masses surge by, uncaring, expending their lives in the whirling metropolis of Chiang Mai, Thailand.

Twelve years later, that little boy is no more. Years ago, he chose to become the woman Kamala. “Born of a lotus” and “desirable”, (s)he flags down passersby for a night of exotic pleasure. (S)he offers them a night with Kamala, who was Khun. A ladyboy, a mistress of the night, a lost soul in the darkness, bereft of hope, (s)he is clinging to life because it's all (s)he knows.

We go to Thailand to rescue the Kamala's. We go to find the Khuns who were lost long ago. Light Himself has promised to go with us into the darkness. Hope, rescuing the despairing. Joy, lifting the downtrodden. Purpose, choosing the ignored.

When I say we, I mean we three. The Lord is in the field, seeking workers for the harvest. I am traveling the miles from home, taking you along with the written word. We're looking to understand the raw truth of the need. In America, the demons are concealed and subtle. In America, miracles are quiet and the voice of the Lord is easily mistaken. I'm going to a place where good and evil are bursting the seams of the physical realm, to catch a glimpse of the truth. I hope that my discoveries from Thailand will help you see the reality of the people near you. Americans suffer as much as anyone, but they hide behind the walls of wealth and prosperity. Through the stories we find, maybe we can see a deeper layer of reality, a layer that equips us to bring life to our own world.

A life only gains weight when it is given away. So I'm giving what little I have in order to expand the Kingdom. But, a single strand is easily broken. I need you to stand with me. Where one can put a thousand to flight, two can defeat ten thousand. Together, we can bring change to this world.

As I head to Thailand, I'll be working with Lighthouse in Action to meet the needs of the people of Chiang Mai. MyDead Heart Lives, an online, servant-hearted community, has agreed to sponsor me. They are a viral group of Christ-followers based around the concept that, “Once Jesus is in control of my life, I don't have to worry about being perfect. I can focus on changing the world around me.” They use unique coins to track random acts of service, each serv-er passing the coin to the serv-ee. The coins have the URL printed on the back to direct people back to their home page. Each act of service is a marketing tool that gets servant-hearted people connected with servant-hearted opportunity. You can learn more and get involved at www.facebook.com/MDHL12.

Together, we're working to raise $5,000 before December 1st, but we need help to start up the movement. Currently, we're taking pre-orders for the coins, so that we can get them minted and circulating. We need 150 of them spoken for, and then we can create the first batch of coins. After that, 75% of the profit from the movement will go to supporting me in Thailand, until my need is met. In total, it'll cost from $600 to $1000 a month for me to live over there. So, if the Spirit is prompting you to help, buy some coins on their website, go join the movement, or send me an email. Let's get MDHL up and running so that the world can taste the power of the Lord.

If you have questions about anything, I'd love to talk with you. Shoot me an email at hikingpeter9000@gmail.com. Join me in this branch of Kingdom work. Help me change the world.

Blessings to you all,
Peter

No comments:

Post a Comment