Saturday, February 26, 2011

Life after Death and Childhood

Contrary to popular belief, life is not like a box of chocolates.

It's more like...

Well, actually, things resemble life more often than life resembles things.
The saying should go, “A box of chocolates is like life. You never know what you're gonna get.”

Yes. Most definitely.

Another one would be, a relationship with your creator is like life.
Oh, wait, maybe a relationship with your creator is life.

Hmm... Alright, so lets take a step back and take this concept from another angle.

I have found that there are stages in a spiritual walk that closely resemble the stages in life.

First comes birth. Having given up control of my own life and consciously transferred all governing authority to God, I “die,” and am reborn

Immediately thereafter, I am a child. I talk like a child, think, and reason like a child, even act like a child. Even though technically, God is in authority, I do what I want to do, while Dad watches out for me. He is there for advice when I need some, hugs and spankings both when necessary. He takes care of me, teaching me what I need to know.

And now, I think I am becoming a man. Let me see if I can explain.

It began when I started questioning. I knew all the rules, I didn't know why they were there. You could call it the “Teenage” phase. I am finding that the rules are good. I think that's one step to becoming a man. I want the rules written in my being, not just imprinted on my mind. I need to retain the values of my childhood in the midst of independence.

A man will leave his parents and hold fast to his wife, and they will become one flesh.” There comes a time when we have to leave off dependence on spiritual parents in order to form the most intimate bond a man can make, with the creator.

I'm on the brink, about to jump.

No comments:

Post a Comment